Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Congratulations KAYLEE!!!!!


Well, I think we've finally done it. Kaylee has been in panties for about a week with minimal accidents. I finally just had to put her in panties and let her get uncomfortable. After about 6 accidents, she finally decided she didn't like the wet feeling. She looked at me with big eyes and started doing the potty dance. I said, do you need to go potty? She said "I need to go potty!" like it was an epiphany. Ever since then, she'll either give the signal (you know what I mean) or tell me she needs to go. It has been WONDERFUL to say the least! Each time she goes she gets to put a sticker on her big potty poster that I made for her like a year ago...she really likes that. She has more confidence now, too. Yesterday she went up to Craig (who lives upstairs) and said "I go stinkies a potty!" He was sweet to celebrate with her. Kaylee we're so proud of you! Good job big girl!

6 comments:

Jones Family said...

Yay that is a great moment in motherhood..She is so cute!

Kallee and Duncan said...

YAY.....congrats...LOL I am sure I will have the pleasure of potty training soon. (No point intended)

Kami said...

Yay Kaylee! I can't believe she is getting that big! That has to be nice for you not to have both of them in diapers...a lot cheaper too!

Chaleese said...

Oh that is so great!! I am so happy she finally got the whole potty training thing. Parker goes pee on the potty, but wont do the other thing :) We are still working on it! But congrats to your littl Kaylee, that is awesome!! How old is she again? Not to much younger than Parker I thought...? Both of out kids are pretty close in age I think?

Brian and Amber said...

How exciting!! I bet you are loving not to have to worry about two kids in diapers! Congrats to Kaylee!! :)

Kathy Nielson said...

I am jealous! Congratulations to Kaylee, want to try a boy next? Jaxon has no desire to use the potty right now. He might like the sticker idea though. Diapers and wipes are just getting more expensive. You rock!