Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting rid of baby laundry stains!


When I had my first child, I used "SHOUT' stain remover on all her poopy and pukey stains. When I put her baby clothes in storage, they all looked clean and new. When I got them out for my second baby, they were all.......................DRUM ROLL..............................YELLOW!!!
So I did a whole bunch of research and found this out: when stains are made by body fluids, they have proteins in them that stay in the fabric, even after you wash them and can eventually resurface. The only way to get rid of them is to use a detergent or stain remover that has hydrogen peroxide in it. The 'oxide' part is what is capable of removing the hidden yuckies (this is dumbed down significantly for those of us that are more simple-minded).
So I tried just using a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, but OXICLEAN worked a lot better. I swear by it! It also gets rid of pen, blood, boysenberry juice, and mud (yes, I learned this through experience).

No comments: