Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Homemade Trail Mix!

Want an alternative to candy? Dry some fruit. I got this one and I love it. It is fool proof! Just throw in the fruit, plug the thing in and VOILA! Dried fruit. It is a healthy snack and even my 3 year old loves it. It tastes WAY better than the store bought stuff, plus no preservatives! It's a really good investment. I have seen them selling for around $50, more if you want fancy shmancy. My 3 year old even likes it!

So on the bottom layer I put in the grapes because they take the longest to dry, like 2-3 days.


Next, the apples. Leave in the core for extra nutrition; you can't tell its there when you eat it dry!


Bananas are good to go after only about 1/2 a day to 1 day. I like them chewier, so I cut them into about 1/2 to 1 inch chunks.

After your fruit is dry, mix it all together with nuts and m&ms or chocolate chips for an amazing trail mix!

No comments: