Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pumpkin Pie!

So this was my first attempt ever at making pumpkin pie. I found it rather soothing to mix the evaporated milk in with pumpkin and other ingredients. I rather enjoyed it. Very much. It was very therapeutic and relaxing. The smell was intoxicating as well, especially as the pies baked in the oven. In fact, I think I prefer the smell to the taste. Baking pumpkin pies...climbing the list of my favorite things to do EVER! The recipe I used has been on Libby's pumpkin labels since 1950. Deliciouso.

You will need:

1 29 oz can pure pumpkin, preferably Libby's
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
4 large eggs
2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
2 9" deep pie shells, or 3 9" shallow pie shells, unbaked.
whipped cream

Mix sugar, spices, and salt in small bowl. Beat the eggs in a larger bowl. Stir in pumpkin, then sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. (My favorite part! I know, I'm a nerd.)
Pour into pie shells.
Preheat oven at 425*F for 15 min., then reduce temp to 350*. Bake pies for 40-45 min. or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve or refrigerate. Serve with whipped cream!


No comments: