Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No more bedrest!!!!

I went in for my appointment today, and MIRACLE of all miracles, she said I wasn't dilated at all! So either it really was a miracle, or the nurse at the hospital did not assess me correctly. Either way, I'm pretty much in the clear! Baby looks perfect, and everything else looks great too! I will be going in for weekly Dr. appointments now so she can keep a close eye on me.

For the next couple of days, I'm supposed to just take it really easy. If I don't have any more 'symptoms,' I can actually go back to work...just no lifting. And no lifting at home either. Which I think is good, because I feel like I've already 'dropped.'

Walking out of that office today, I felt like I was on cloud 9! I could not be more happy! Such a relief! I just think it was good for me to APPRECIATE my pregnancy, and I really just think I will be grateful for every day that goes by that this little guy is still in there!

Again, thanks to all those who have been so willing to help me out during this CRAZY time! A special thanks to my parents, Grandma, and the Bitters for the delicious food that kept my family fed so well while I was down over the weekend, and to all of those helping with my kids this week! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

11 comments:

Craig and Sharelle said...

Yea!!! I'm so happy for you. That really is an amazing blessing.

michelle said...

hey; how far along are you? Im 33 weeks with my first pregnancy (3 other kids though through marriage). AND I tried your fennel steak last night. The flavor was very good, BUT I need to tenderize it! It was my first go at steak, and I need some work! ha

Shannon Masayo said...

yeah hoo!!!! so glad things are looking up, you can dilate up to a five they say and go back. 6 is the point of no return. still if you need anything don't hesitate!:)

Sarah Mildon said...

That's good to hear. I'm glad things are doing well and that you and the baby are fine. That had to have been a scary experience. I've been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

This news makes me so excited and happy for you and your family. I love that Nate was so willing to take care of you! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Good!!! I can't imagine being on bed rest with two little girls running around the house! I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes good!!!

Heidi said...

That is great news I'm happy to hear :) Take it easy girlfriend! Best wishes :)

Krista said...

Look at your new blog! Dang cute! Good news that you have a little more freedom to get around. Don't overdo it. Certain things will always be there - always. Like a sink full of dishes. Still there. After 20 years it's still there.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything is going well with your pregnancy now and that you and your baby are healthy! Either way though, I bet you are still excited to meet your lil' man. ;-)

ERIN said...

I hope you're doing good! Excited to see the new little one :)

nixon5 said...

I am glad to hear that. I can empathize(sp) I was on bedrest for the last 2 of my pregnancies and you learn to appreciate alot more things that you took for granted. good luck with everything. Keep us posted. You are amazing.