Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our 1st 4th in Pittsburgh!

The kids were so excited for the 4th! Brenna helped me to make star shaped pancakes.

 We put blueberries and strawberries on top with whipped cream to make it festive!
 Ammon didn't know what was going on, but whatever it was, he liked it!

Here is my flag cake. I was so proud. :)
3 families in our ward live in a house that has been turned into a 'tri-plex'. They invited basically the whole ward over for an Independence Day celebration!

This is Sandy and Wendy. Our kids love them like Grandmas.


This was about an hour before the angry rainstorm hit!

FOOD! Brenna's hair was so cute. I wish I had taken a picture of the back. She was very proud of it.

These are our new friends...their baby Sophia is absolutely adorable!!!

The Wings!
The Johnstons!



I love the mustard stain on Kaylee's face in this one. So adorable!


Katie and Ali...dinner co-op buddies!
Nate was standing here talking to people, but everyone fled the scene when they saw me with my camera! Lame!


Time for s'mores!


Ammon took the chocolate out and ate it separately! What a crazy kid!

We decided that sparklers in our own backyard was cooler than going downtown to see fireworks. These ones even changed colors!







Let freedom ring! We missed our families today and our old Utah traditions, like the West Point 4th of July parade and the McGary pool party, but we embraced the opportunity to make new ones.

Happy 4th everyone!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, I'm glaD you guys had fun. I miss you so much. Thanks for posting. Our 4th was definitely not as exciting.

Kyle and Reesie said...

Love your beautiful family. What fun memories. Miss you.