Monday, August 20, 2012

Kaylee's First day of School!

Today was Kaylee's first day of school! She was accepted into Propel Charter School at Pitcairn, and we are SO excited for her. She is required to wear uniforms at her new school, which is GREAT. Grandma sent her a big box of uniforms before school started, and this was her favorite one. :) Last night we went to an open house to see her school for the first time. We also got to meet her new teacher, Mrs. Bartosh. She seems wonderful! She's a young teacher with blonde hair and a pretty smile. We both liked her right away.

We had no idea what time the bus was going to come (they were supposed to send us a letter informing us of this information but we never got one) so I decided to drive her to school the first day.

Unfortunately, Kaylee takes after me though when it comes to anxiety over change. She didn't fell hungry for breakfast, so I had her drink a little milk and we got in the car. She looked terrified and started crying. "What if the work is too hard, Mom? What do I do if I need to go to the bathroom? Will you be able to find me when school is over?" I tried my best to console her, but it was difficult because I felt like a nervous wreck too! I had no idea where to park, what the bus situation was, etc. 

On the way there, she was quiet, then suddenly shouted, "I don't feel good!!!" I grabbed a garbage sack and she puked her milk. Then she started crying more! "Mom, I want to go to school! Can I still go to school?" I reassured her that she was not sick, just nervous! We said a prayer together, and that seemed to help.

Later that day, I went to the school district office and figured out the bus thing. It was crazy picking her up, and I expected that because it was the first day. When she came out, she was smiling. She said she still wasn't very hungry for lunch, but found out that the work was doable and that the bathroom was accessible. Poor girl! I can't blame her. This is the 3rd school she's been to in 1 year! I am determined not to move her ANYWHERE for a while!

No comments: