Monday, August 13, 2012

Our FHE crime experience

I make this post with mixed feelings...

We have really enjoyed exploring the parks of Pittsburgh this summer! One of our favorites (which is also very conveniently in close proximity to our home) is Frick Park. Recently, we found a new entrance and a trail that goes along next to a stream. The kids really love to practice skipping rocks (Ammon just chucks them in as hard as he can). 

On this day, it was Monday. For FHE, I brought the kids back to this trail. We packed a picnic for dinner. They all wanted to wear hats and pack their necessities in their backpacks for the long journey. Kaylee and Brenna packed library books, and Ammon packed random toys. They felt so cool going on our 'hike.' And seriously, they looked SO cute.





We found an open field with a gorgeous view of all the greenery. We plopped down on the blanket and had a lesson.


Here's Ammon trying to take over the Ipad, as always.


We had such a nice time.
When we got to the car, however, the car window on the front passenger side was shattered. Someone had broken in and stolen my purse, which was tucked under the seat.

Luckily, I had taken my phone, ipad, and camera with me on the hike. Everything in my purse was replaceable except for a $50 gift card to Walmart. Whoever stole my purse needed it more than I did.
When we got in the car, I immediately began to pray with my children. This brought them comfort as initially they were fearful. I told them everything would be ok...even though I was kinda freaking out inside. I just feel blessed. It could have been so much worse!

No comments: