Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

I know it's a day late, but I wanted to tell all the mothers in my life how much I love them! First and foremost, my own mother. Since I was a little girl, I have always wanted to be just like my mom! If I could be half the mom she has been to me, I will be doing alright. I have 2 girls and they are really a lot of work (in a good way), but I can't imagine SEVEN GIRLS! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mom. She is the one I always knew I could count on. I think we can relate with each other on almost anything! I love you mom!


Cindy is my husband's mom. I just have really come to love her so much! She is ALWAYS willing to help me out with the girls, and a lot of the time it is on VERY short notice. She is always so thoughtful, and makes each one of us feel special. She is always feeding us delicious food, and I'm sure one of these days we will eat them out of house and home!


I just love my Grandma Mecham! She is my mother's mother. It was always a special treat when I would get to go stay at her house as a little girl. She is so thoughtful and always sends us a little packages. She is such a selfless person, always sacrificing her immediate needs to help those around her. What a wonderful example she is to me and my family! I wish I lived closer to her so I could visit her every day.



I am lucky to be living in Grandma Townley's basement! Grandma T is my dad's mother. She has been so sweet to open her home to us while Nate goes to school. She is always inviting us to dinner, watch movies, or just visit! She is always thinking of us, giving us gifts here and there, more often than not! She is a strong person, both physically and spiritually and I really love her so much.


Grandma Lois is Nate's Grandma. She always has the best sense of humor! She is always thoughtful, and always makes me feel special. I have just grown to love her in the time I have known her! She works in her garden every day and just has a magic touch when it comes to helping things grow, even members of her family. She is an amazing example to all of us, especially with all the trials she has gone through! We love you Grandma!


This Mother's Day, we have missed Nate's Grandma Rhelda, who passed away this last year. No one was more clever than she was! She has left behind an amazing legacy, and I will always be thankful for being such an amazing woman. We are grateful to know that she is in a happier place, with her eternal companion, Frank. We love you, Grandma Bringhurst!


And Happy Mothers Day to all of you Mothers out there! Your job matters most!

1 comment:

Allison and Darin said...

Well what can I say?? I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU!!! I love our mom and our parents' moms! And I love YOU as a mom... :) Happy Mother's Day!