Saturday, June 4, 2011

Birthday bash and dirty dash!

 On Saturday morning, it was the dirty dash! I was pretty groggy right up until the race started. We had to leave close to 7 AM with all the kids so we could be all checked in and start at 9:20 AM! That means I had to be up at 5:30! NOT my favorite thing to do in the world.

It didn't take long to get into 'mud mode.' I'm so glad I had Cami by my side the entire race! There were so many hills and obstacles, we basically walked the whole way. I lied, I ran as fast as I could past the horse corral so I wouldn't die of an allergic reaction. Nate lost a shoe about halfway through, and a contact. I lost nothing except my appetite, ecspecially when I saw a huge 10 lb dead fish and could smell all the fish poop. Cami did a cannon ball into the pool at the end. I pretended to do one but didn't. I was NOT putting my head under in mud! I'm SO glad we did the 5K instead of the 10K this year! It was MUCH more doable! At the end they had the option to pay $3 for a hot shower vs a freezing cold blast from the fire hydrant. Let me just say, it was the best $3 I have ever spent. AND there was a changing tent so you didn't have to change clothes in the 'honey bucket.'
Before the maddness
Nate rolling across the finish line

Later that night was the party. Both sets of Grandparents came, along with Grandma Lois, Cami, Ryan, Angela, Carissa, and Allison's family. Ammon couldn't stop smiling. He knew something special was happening, and he knew it was happening for him. He loves balloons. He kept pointing at them saying, "Dat. Dat. Oooooo. Woooooaaaahh." He especially LOVED eating his blue cupcake. He ate all the frosting first, then the blue goodness underneath. Poor baby had the worst tummy ache later that night though! And so did mommy!
































Brenna also loved being the center of attention. We sang to her separately. She got so much princess stuff, but her favorite toy was the Rapunzel doll, and the Snow white doll with coordinating pony. She and Kaylee played with those for hours! She also got so many fun books, and has been looking at those and we've been reading them non stop. My mom gave Ammon a buzz lightyear 'push car' thingy, and oh my how he LOVES it! He was playing with Jake's the night before the party, and my mom decided to purchase one just like it for Ammon so his every wish could be granted. Both children received a huge pile of adorable clothes. I probably enjoyed those more than they did. In fact I know I did!

No comments: