Friday, January 27, 2012

The feeding of children. And husband.

I got this cookbook from Cami (my very favorite sister-in-law in the entire world) and I love it. There is SO much good information in this book. Basically, you sneak nutrition into your kids' food. Like squash in pancakes, spinach in eggs, broccoli in spaghetti, yogurt in cake, etc. You buy the veggies, puree them, and freeze them. Then you just pull out a bag and dump it into whatever you're cooking.

Look. Just look at them. They're eating! A mother's heart couldn't be more full than when her children eat vegetables with enthusiasm. Ah....life is good!


(Brenna giving Kaylee a crusty for hogging all the attention)








Also, since we have moved to Pittsburgh, Nate and I noticed very quickly that our date night is...well...obsolete. We don't get to go on dates anymore. To improvise, I decided to set up dinner in our bedroom on Friday nights. We feed the kids, hurry and get them ready for bed, put them in front of a movie, close the door, and hope for the best. Isn't it pretty? Candle light dinner! I try to make something special for date night. Nate always requests five spice chicken.

I wish I could say that we always end up with a romantic evening to ourselves. It's usually 5 minutes into our dinner that we get a loud banging on the door followed by crying and 'Mom? Dad? Mom? Dad?' Oh well. As long as I get to have a turn dancing with the man first, that's all I care about. :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a great idea! You are amazing Sarah!